Thursday, December 4, 2008

Having A Bad Day?

[This is Bernie, who was recently adopted through the St. Bernard Rescue Foundation, Inc. I'm sure they'd appreciate a donation (or gifts, via Donate.net).]

I sure am. It's nothing to do with the state of the world for once, though that's pretty depressing, too. Eli has a good handle on why. There is also the usual parade of half-wits who think there's a war on Christmas, because other religious beliefs get their say, too.

Anyway, I'm going to try to counteract what seems like an early onset of winter depression by just ignoring all these fuckwits for as long as I can and doing something fun or constructive. See you all in a day or a few.

UPDATE: Speaking of raving religious fuckwits, Karen Marie pokes a few in the ribs at her place.


2 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

It's that time of the year when the annoyance factor goes through the roof, innit? I find myself sick of arguments and wanting to thump people over the head with something heavy instead. It seems so much simpler. I'm turning in to Grouchy the Sick of Christmas Bullshit Already Ogre.

Of course, I get to blame my general irritability on hormones. That's about the only good thing about being a woman. ;-)

Hope things look brighter for ye soon.

Cujo359 said...

It's ironic that the time of year that's supposed to be about renewal, new possibilities, and remembering to be kinder to each other is inevitably the time of year when emotions run highest.

Actually, I'll let you in on a little secret - men's emotions are somewhat cyclical, too. They're usually not as changeable as women's because our body chemistry doesn't alter as significantly. We still have our bad and good days though, for no apparent reason. This little truth is what spawned all that "biorythms" nonsense a couple of decades ago.

There are days when I feel like a functioning part of the world, and days when I don't. It's rare that either extreme is a problem, but it's pretty noticeable, particularly when the highs or lows are exaggerated by circumstances like the holidays.

We're coming up on a full moon, aren't we?