Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bookmark This Page, Too

Reply hazy, try again

There were a couple of predictions I neglected to make in my earlier prophecy. One reason was that these two predictions don't fit neatly into a timeline. The other is that I just didn't have the heart to think about them. The phone call from the robo-clowns reminded me about them though, so let me get caught up.

First, thanks to the anti-abortion language in the bill, having abortions covered by health insurance will soon be a thing of the past. Why? Because when the government makes a regulation that affects a large segment of the market, the rest of the market will usually follow. Insurance plans will standardize on offering no family planning services, which in turn will either be covered by supplemental insurance that won't be worth the cost, or won't be offered at all. My guess is that will happen within a few years of the time when all the provisions of the act are in force, which puts it somewhere in the range of 2016 to 2020.

Second, the next step in the Obama Administration's "reform" of the health care system will be to do as much as it can to privatize Medicare. This will, of course, completely obviate the usefulness of Medicare, but that won't stop them. You can also bet that the same group of assclowns who cheered on this health care bill will initially state their undying opposition, and then fold when Rahm Emmanuel threatens to get their funding cut off. This has been on the Republicans' agenda for years, but they've gotten nowhere with the idea. Now they've finally figured out a foolproof way to screw the middle class and the poor - get the Democrats to do it for them. Look for lots more of that in the future.

I'm not going to bother with finding the links that support all this, largely because writing about this subject clearly is a waste of time. I've written more than ninety articles on this subject, and people who claim they read this blog still don't believe what I wrote in the first few, even though I clearly saw this coming more than a year ago.

I just wanted to vent. Have a nice evening.


No comments: