Tuesday, November 13, 2007

House Committee Meets Tomorrow On Iran

Image credit: CIA World Factbook.


SusanUnPC has requested that we disseminate a PDF. I've never disseminated a PDF before, but I thought I'd give it a try. Nope, they won't let me upload it, so here's the link to the PDF at No Quarter.

The hearing is entitled "Iran: Reality, Options, and Consequences. Part 3 - Regional and Global Consequences of U.S. Military Action In Iran". If I didn't know better, I'd say someone in the House was trying to act like a part of a political opposition. As I've observed before, several times, that's a rather rare occurrence. It's also a welcome one. Another thing I've observed before is that if you're looking for undesirable consequences, attacking Iran will make them much easier to find.

The witness list is rather impressive. It includes Paul Pillar, a former CIA analyst for the Near East and South Asia, Larry Wilkerson, outspoken aide of Colin Powell, former Marine General Paul Van Riper, and Sam Gardiner, who designs wargame simulations of Iran for the DoD.

The hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14, 2:00PM EST.

UPDATE: The subcommittee's website has written copies of testimony from the first two hearings.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disseminating is hard. It's hard work.

Cujo359 said...

I've had to take a couple of days off to undwind afterward.