Friday, June 6, 2008

Apparently, It's Over

Image credit: HillaryClinton.com, reduced by Cujo359.

I received this e-mail today from Clinton campaign headquarters:

I have been honored and privileged to work with so many dedicated people on Hillary's historic campaign. Your enthusiastic commitment to her campaign through the primaries has been inspirational.

As you know, Hillary will be holding an event tomorrow in Washington D.C. to thank all of her supporters, to express her support for Senator Obama, and to talk about the issues that have been at the core of her public service, the issues she will continue fighting for.

Let me emphasize that, other than to vote for her when I realized I couldn't vote for John Edwards, I have not been a Clinton supporter. I'm just on the junk e-mail list.

There was also this message on her site:

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

Lindsay Levin: I Want You to Know

So, I'd say it's official. Clinton will be ending (suspending?) her campaign tomorrow.

Of course, there are a whole bunch of asshats who will insist it was way too late, or that this was just unacceptable for some reason. Screw them. My outlook on life is sour enough without having to listen to those whiny pissants. Clinton made mistakes early in her campaign, but bounced back to make it a contest. She displayed grit and organizational talent. Despite the hysterical nonsense coming from some Obama supporters, she conducted her campaign with as much class as her opponent. She certainly would have made an adequate President, maybe even a good one.


No comments: