Saturday, July 4, 2009

What's Up With Sarah Palin?

I've given it some thought, maybe ten whole minutes' worth. I agree with Josh Marshall:

As with her speech itself, the tell is that the decision was apparently so rushed and sudden that there was not enough time to come up with a plausible cover story or to get out the word about what it was.

It looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Either Palin is resigning ahead of some titanic scandal (which should emerge in short order if it exists) or her resignation was triggered by an even more extreme mental instability than we'd previously suspected.

Surreality Only Beginning

It's hard to imagine that Palin is any more unstable than I imagine her to be and yet still be able to run a state government. So, my guess is that she's resigning ahead of a scandal.

I'm not betting any money on it, though. The thing about unstable people is that it's hard to predict what they'll do next, even when you know what they know.


2 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

Okay, my second prediction: if Josh Marshall's second speculation turns out to be true, then it's bipolar disorder. Someone bipolar can act out in some pretty sudden, extreme and unexpected ways.

But I'm still plumping for the titanic scandal...

The only reason I'm thinking about this for more than ten minutes is because it amuses me so. All those dear little Palin-bots, now left to flounder. My third prediction: there's gonna be King Arthur/Messiah-type stories springing up about her any second now. Oh, and Faux News will make themselves dizzy unto puking trying to spin the fiasco.

I so wish I had some popcorn right now.

Cujo359 said...

Yes, bipolar might explain this latest thing. But, like you, I'm going with "there's a scandal coming". Either that, or some other disastrous development for Palin's political future.