Friday, November 19, 2010

Quote Of The Day

PZ Myers on the "War On Christmas":
I suggest that everyone who is offended by being told either "happy holidays" or "merry christmas" should start wearing a little sign so we know not to hurt their delicate little feelings by using the wrong salutation. Instead, we'd greet them by thrusting a middle finger up at them and shouting, "Up yours!"

The War on Christmas will be waged on the field of internet polls
I'm basically in the "don't care" column on that issue. As far as I'm concerned, if people are saying either to be nice, it's OK by me. Sometimes the thought behind a phrase really is more meaningful than the phrase itself.

Just please don't make me choose between them until after Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Cujo359 said...

They're already playing Christmas music in some stores and on the radio. The insanity begins earlier every year.