Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Potential Use For Random Numbers

I just finished watching the baseball game I recorded Saturday (yes, my life doesn't always happen in proper order). It was the Fox game of the week, of course, which as I've mentioned before, is probably not the ideal way to watch baseball. So when I saw this cartoon today at xkcd, I just had to share:





I'm reminded of a game a few weeks ago when Fox Sports designated moron Ken Rosenthal was lamenting that he couldn't ask some player who was having some legal difficulties what the player thought of them, as if he were actually going to get a meaningful or insightful answer.

These days, a random number generator that picked from a set of cliches would be more entertaining, and possibly more informative, than what passes for commentary on Fox.


No comments: