Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Photo(s)

Yes, I promised more flowers. Sadly, I got hung up on a different set of photos from the Rhodendron Species Garden. Here is a view of the path back from the entrance to the garden, which does have flowers:
Image credit: All photos by Cujo359

The most interesting of the early set of photos, though, turned out to be of the Pond Garden:


From that distance, I assumed that this was a pond full of algae. This sign set me straight, though:


Yep, it's a pond full of little ferns, as this close up shows:


That black patch next to the green is barrier material that lines the pond. It's a garden, after all, not a nature preserve. Here's a view from the other end of the pond:


Even in the Pacific Northwest, all that green is striking.

That's enough fern-based pond scum for one week. Next week, hopefully I'll have more photos of flowers. Meanwhile, have a good Sunday.


4 comments:

lawguy said...

HMMMM? Time to tend our gardens?

Dana Hunter said...

Mmmm, pretty! Your photos turned out very well indeed!

I still see this area with Arizona eyes. It all starts off pretty and interesting, but round about June, when the flowers start dropping off and the leaves are fully out, all of that green feels like it's closing in. Not in an unfriendly way, mind, but it's rather like several packs of puppies all trying to get my attention at once, and I'm afraid they shall smother me.

I wonder if there are support groups for people from desert climes who move to the Pacific Northwest...

Suzanne said...

wow cujo -- ohmystars

thanks for the eye candy

Cujo359 said...

Yes, I think it's time to get the old trowel out, lawguy.

Since I moved here from the East Coast, Dana, I didn't have as much trouble adjusting. I just had to get used to the fact that winter is never really quite winter here.

You're welcome, Suzanne.