Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Photo(s)

It's been a typical Northwest spring, which means you never know when you're going to see the sun. Just because it's May doesn't mean you can't go sailing on Lake Washington, as this guy was doing off Waverly Park:
Image credit: Cujo359

That was in mid-May, and the temperatures were in the seventies. I was sorry I hadn't brought my swimming trunks.

On the other hand, in mid-June it can still look like this, as it did at the Burien Strawberry Festival yesterday:

Image credit: Cujo359

This is two days before summer, and it's as chilly as it looks. I don't think we got above 60 degrees.


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

i'm back to flannels, thermals and fleece again. so far this year, i haven't yet had a night warm enough that i don't need to light the wood stove.

nuniek nur sahaya said...

wow. cool..

Cujo359 said...

I'm amazed that it's still worth lighting fires, Suzanne. I did it twice this week, because the average temperatures were below 55 F.