Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Comments Problems?

Just a quick note about comments. I appreciate comments people leave here, and generally try to respond to them if I can think of anything to say. I say that by way of telling readers that it appears that comments are disappearing every now and then for reasons I don't understand. I have not deleted them. I have not deleted a comment in some months, and about the only reason I have done that recently was to remove obvious spam.

So, if you weren't spamming this site and your comment disappeared, it was not I. If you're not sure what the rules are, you can read them here. They're pretty simple and they haven't changed in a long time, and other than a couple of idiot spammers no one's violated them in more than a year.

I've noticed that Blogger is having trouble retaining information about links to articles, as well. I don't know why that is, either.

It's frustrating, but the site is free. Some days, you get what you pay for.

UPDATE: Some comments have reappeared. I don't know what the problem is. Earthbound Misfit had noticed such problems at her blog, so it's not because either Blogger or the universe hates me in particular.

UPDATE 2: Actually, it's been only nine months since I last removed a comment for a reason other than spamming. It was for this article. Someone needed to share with me that he thought I was a disrespectful heathen, or something like that. There were no specifics. There are really only two things you can do in such situations - point out in some way what a mindless comment he left, or make the comment disappear like the rhetorical soap bubble it is. The second is much more satisfying.


2 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

Testing one two...

I wonder if this explains why things have at times been inexplicably quiet.

Cujo359 said...

It may. I haven't noticed as many problems today, but I really haven't been around as much, either.