Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Must .. Be .. Strong

Talking Points Memo quotes Republican National Committee Chairman candidate Ken Blackwell saying this during a radio interview:

"I've never had to make the choice because I've never had the urge to be other than a heterosexual," Blackwell said, "but if in fact I had the urge to be something else I could have in fact suppressed that urge."

Blackwell: I Could Restrain Homosexual Urges -- If I Had Any, Which I Don't

Thanks for that marvelous bit of introspection, Ken. “I’m not familiar with this impulse, but if I had it I’d resist.” Yeah, and I’m sure that if I were a rich, opportunistic sociopath I’d still be able to resist the urge to be a Republican politician.


1 comment:

Dana Hunter said...

Bravo, my dear! Bravo! That was a bloody brilliant Parthian shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go sew up that gut I busted...