Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Photo

Apparently, it's another thing that's going on on one of those sites I never visit - some Facebook grouping or another is having a scarlett A contest. For those who don't know what that is, it's a symbol used by atheists to identify themselves. I don't use one here, because it's just not that big a part of my identity. Still, I'm an atheist, and I've been playing around with graphics software far more than is probably wise, so here's my version of Dana Hunter's A. Using GIMP's overlay mode and 40 percent opacity gives us a subtle, not too offensive tone:

Image credit: All photos taken and processed by Cujo359

Of course, with a little more opacity (80 percent) comes more stridency:



I'm old fashioned. I like framing and subtlety. To each his (or her) own, I suppose. If that's too accommodationist for you, though, there's always normal layering mode and more opacity:


So, old atheist or GNU atheist, take your pick.

You're probably wondering, did I take any other pictures of this beach? Why, yes, I did, quite a few, actually.

Here's another one:


Click on the pictures to enlarge. Have a good Sunday.

UPDATE: Wait a second, what was I thinking? I was at that rock, too:


After all, what's the point of photo-manipulation skills if you can't be creative?


No comments: