Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Amazing And Insulting

Here I was trying to put myself to sleep by reading blogs, and I ran into this:

* Roseanne Barr, Roseanne World
* Gore Vidal, New York Times Magazine
* Markos Moulitsas, Daily Kos
* PZ Myers, Pharyngula
* Baliyya, Daily Kos
* Gloria Steinem, The Observer
* Peter Nuhn, No God Blog
* Paul Waldman, American Prospect
* Chris Bowers, Open Left
* Revd Amy, No Quarter

The Daily Dish Voting Booth: Moore Award 2008

This is an "award" that The Atlantic columnist Andrew Sullivan for the "divisive, bitter and intemperate left-wing rhetoric". Yes, for some reason, Andrew Sullivan thinks Chris Bowers is divisive.

For crying out loud, Andrew, there must be a thousand bloggers who are more intemperate than Chris Bowers. Hell, I'm more divisive than Chris Bowers. I don't know whether to be amazed or insulted.

Having an opinion and stating it plainly doesn't make you divisive. Talking shit about people because they disagree with you is.

While we're at it, who cares if Rosanne Barr is intemperate, and what makes her left-wing, other than that she's one of those rare celebrities who are actually acquainted with people who work for a living?

I think maybe I should start a "World's Biggest Egotistical Git" award. If I do, you can bet Andrew Sullivan will be on the ballot.

(h/t P.Z. Myers, who's very pleased with his nomination.)


No comments: