Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pat Robertson: Too Creepy For Fox News

When you're a Christian fundamentalist preacher who Fox "News" thinks is a creepy religious fanatic, there are few worlds left to conquer. Here Fox's Shep Smith explaining how over-the-top Pat Robertson's views on Haiti's colonial history are:



I wasn't going to write about this, what with the blinding obviousness of Robertson's sliminess. There's some low-hanging fruit that even I won't bother with. This was such a great example of how obvious it was, though, that I just had to share.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a better man than I am Cujo359. I spent way too much time writing about Robertson. When you take your history seriously, damn-fool things said by professional damn-fools just trip your trigger. Add bible-beating, a long history of bigotry and other ass-hattery and it was like ringing a bell in front of Pavlov's dog.

Dana Hunter said...

This doesn't count. Shep Smith is occasionally sane, and obviously points up a weakness in the Faux News screening process. I'm sure they'll be running him out of town on a rail any day now, because he's obviously a dirty librul plant. ;-)

Let's just hope he managed to prick the conscience of a Faux News fanatic or two.

Cujo359 said...

Guess I've been living in the same country with Robertson so long that he's burned out my outrage, at least where he's concerned. The guy didn't even know that Napoleon was running France back in 1804.

As for Dana's points, he still works for Fox, so until they fire him they own him. OTOH, I don't give him much chance of remaining unfired for long if he keeps talking like this.