Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Photo

This is the fishing pier at Des Moines Marina, in Des Moines, Washington. This time of year, fishermen are trying to catch squid out there. I took this just before Christmas near dusk. Once again, the seascape highlights the interesting cloud formations:
Image credit: Cujo359

I used the camera's "back light" mode to take this picture. The flash went off, but it actually turned out OK. One thing you have to learn to do with a digital camera, at least if you're used to film, is to just keep experimenting until you find something that works. You can always delete from memory images you don't want.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

As an expatriate Seattlite, I love your pictures of the south sound - some of my favorite times have been spent in Des Moines, Burien, and 509 South. Thanks and happy new year.

Cujo359 said...

Thanks, Another Scorpio, and happy new year to you. I feel lucky to have so many interesting things to photograph within a short distance of where I live.

Suzanne said...

another fine piece of eye candy for us to feast upon. thanks cujo

clouds were never this interesting looking in california. so many shades of gray, silver, pewter, and white in the skies of the pacific northwest.

Cujo359 said...

Thanks, Suzanne. Most of what I remember of California skies was either fog or blue sky. There seemed to be little in between.