Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thought For The Day

Babylon 5's Marcus Cole on the idea of a just universe:

I used to think that it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

Wikiquotes: Babylon 5

While maybe as a country we deserve what happened today, I prefer to think of it as a chance for improvement.

Maybe by tomorrow I'll actually have come around to that point of view.

UPDATE: It appears that the FISA-gutting bill will come up for a vote soon in the House. If you haven't let your representative know how you feel, now would be an excellent time to do so.


No comments: