Saturday, November 3, 2007

Uh, My God, Alert the M..., Oh, Nevermind


"Look, I'm tellin' ya. It's November, but they really are re-runs."See NOTE 1

Since I don't follow television all that much, this caught me by surprise:

LOS ANGELES — Film and TV writers prepared to go on strike Monday for the first time in two decades to break what has become a high-stakes stalemate with the world's largest media companies over profits from DVDs and programming on the Internet.

Hollywood Writers Set Strike for Monday

Of course, your first reaction is likely to be "They write those things?" Well, yes, in at least some cases, they do. As for what effect it will have on the daily lives of most Americans, that's another question.

I'm wondering if this means I'll have to wait even longer to find out why so many characters on Battlestar Galactica are channeling Bob Dylan. You may have your own concerns. Don't worry, we're here to help. I think football is still on. That's not scripted, is it?

NOTE 1:
Screenshot from Battlestar Galactica by Cujo359. BSG is a copyrighted product of Universal Studios and others, none of whom endorse, support, or are even aware of this article.

No comments: