Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Some OK News, And Some Good News

Following up on the story of the fire at Darcy Burner's house, the news seems to be as reported yesterday by the local papers:

As many of you may be aware, early this morning my home was destroyed by a fire. It appears to have been caused by a faulty lamp in my son's room. Unfortunately, our home and all of the possessions in it are a total loss, but I am so grateful that my family and I escaped safely. We may have lost our home and our possessions, but for the most part they can be replaced, and I feel like a true tragedy was narrowly avoided today. Please rest assured that while we have been a bit shaken by what happened, Mike, Henry and I are all okay.

Particularly, I am grateful to the wonderful men and women of the Redmond and Kirkland Fire Departments, and the investigators from the King County Fire Investigation Unit. Their rapid response and incredible professionalism brought the fire under control and kept it from spreading to our neighbors' homes. And these brave first responders even miraculously rescued my son's puppy, who we initially thought had perished in the flames. Sadly, our cat, Charlotte, did not survive the fire.

Darcy Burner: Thank You for Your Concern

She asks that if anyone wants to make a gesture of support that they give to their local humane society in Charlotte's memory.

On a happier note, it appears that One Fly received good medical news today. If you know him, go on over and share in the joy.

UPDATE: Dave Neiwert has an article up at FDL about how the netroots can help Darcy. Another way you can help is to feed her campaign money via Slobber And Spittle Blue.

No comments: