Sunday, May 25, 2008

... And A Couple of Deletions

Image credit: PuppyDogWeb.com

Besides adding a few new links to my blog roll, regular readers may also have noted a couple of deletions. Thanks to repeated obnoxious political postings, I've removed both No Quarter and TaylorMarsh.com from the rolls. TM.com earned that honor with this article that I mentioned earlier. It slimed former Senator George McGovern after he endorsed Barack Obama for President. No Quarter earned the distinction with this bit of sexist nonsense. That people wrote the same sort of tripe about Bill and Hillary Clinton is especially ironic.

I am really sick of this shit. Taylor's one of my favorite people on the Internet. Both she and Larry Johnson of NQ have an admirable policy of welcoming opposing points of view that quite a few sites could stand to emulate. But I really don't want to see this stuff any more. Most of the pro-Obama sites that pull it are already off the list, or were never on. The ones that are on the list, like FireDogLake, at least still have enough good content to make up for their occasional incivility.

This isn't going to hurt their traffic in the slightest. If anything, it will hurt mine, but I'm not in this for the traffic. I'm in this to try to shed light on things when I can. When Taylor and Larry decide they want to do that again, I'm sure I'll be happy to visit their sites again.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Good on ya man.

I have been avoiding politics as much as possible, everywhere ya turn people are acting like spoiled eight year olds.
Gimme a break.

Cujo359 said...

I've always found the phrase "reality-based community" amusing, since we certainly have our share of Koolaid drinkers here, too.