Monday, June 27, 2011

On Links

I re-enabled the "Links To This Article" feature the other day to see if it has been fixed. I think it is now safe to say it hasn't.

The links that people have actually made to my site do not appear, or they only appear for a little while, then disappear. What remains, sometimes, is a long list of completely unrelated links from blogs that "follow" this one. For one article that I wrote a few days ago, there were almost two dozen supposed link backs, some dating from 2008.

Of course, I've left word in the "support" forums, with no acknowledgement or interest expressed by Blogspot. Several other people have reported this problem, with similar results.

I think it's safe to say this feature isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So I've turned it off. Again.

So, please, if you write something that links back to an article of mine, and your site isn't on the blogroll (in other words, yours isn't a blog I read regularly), then either drop me a line or leave a comment if you want me to notice. I promise I'll see that either way.


No comments: