Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quote Of The Day

Image credit: Mitt Romney Media/Wikimedia


Scarecrow, at FireDogLake, on the latest economic prescription from aspiring Republican Presidential spokesmodel Mitt Romney:
I don’t follow what Mitt Romney says everyday, because sooner or later a policy chameleon will say everything once, mimic all positions, and then switch back in case you missed something.

Mitt Romney: Obama Failed Because We Needed a Larger, Longer Stimulus
Which I think captures the back-and-forth shuffle Republican candidates have had to do for a pretty long time now - all of my adult life at least. Of course, the Mittster is particularly adept at it, given how much practice he's had.

I'm not sure if I prefer this to the Democrats' simpler solution of simply lying about what they want to do, and then doing what Republicans probably would have in their place, but there's at least some potential entertainment value here that the Democrats just aren't providing.


No comments: