Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where's Mine?

funny pictures
Image credit: I Can Has Cheezburger

From Talking Points Memo comes this gem:

House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH), on how hard it is to be a Republican:

"We have a tougher job than our friends across the aisle. They've been offering Americans a free lunch for the last 80 years, rather successfully."


Woe Is Me

So, where's mine, John? Where are the equivalent of the free lunches that you and the rest of Congress, not to mention the Fed, have been feeding to the banks in the last few months? Even assuming no one gives them any more, which I see no reason to assume, that's thousands of dollars per citizen. I could buy my lunch for the next few years on that.

I'm not seeing it.

Cry me a frickin' river, Big Fella. Maybe you should have done a better job of regulating those banks while you had the chance.


3 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

I know where your free lunch is. The Cons beat the country up and stole it...

One Fly said...

I'm amazed on a dailly basis what spills out of these peoples mouths. To literally voice half truths or outright lies much of the time is something I could not do. These people know they are liars and still do it.

Cujo359 said...

I sure hope they know they're liars. The alternative is that they're insane. Given how they vote, though, I don't suppose there's that much difference, is there?