Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Thought For 9/12

More humor of the kind we need:
funny pictures-I poop on your silly rules
Image credit: I Can Has Cheezburger

As Bruce Fein wrote yesterday, a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.

So, be a seagull once in a while.

UPDATE: I'm starting to think this day should become "National Be A Seagull Day". Here's a lovely little dropping satirizing the clown prince of Florida and the hateful little imbeciles who constitute his flock:


Honorary seagull George W. passes on this thought:

Anyway, it got me thinking about book-burning as a symbolic protest and I decided to hold a little protest of my own: I spent a couple hours reading the Koran. After a few more sessions I’ll write my impressions, but for now the point is that we can handle ideas contrary to our own without the Earth splitting open and swallowing us up.

Protesting Xenophobic Ignorance

I've always viewed reading religious texts as a colossal waste of time, but putting that objection aside, it sounds like a good idea. If you don't want to go to the trouble of obtaining your own copy, this site features a searchable and browsable version of the Koran. For folks whose taste in religion runs similar to mine, there's the Skeptic's Annotated Koran, the perfect companion to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.

One way or another, we'll learn ya some of that old time religion.


No comments: