Saturday, February 4, 2012

What's Shaking?

Around here, the question "What's shaking?" often elicits a response along the lines of "the ground near here". The Pacific Northwest Seismic Network saw this around noon today:
Caption: The PNSN page as it appeared at around 12:30 PM today. (Click on the image to see it full size.)

Image credit: Screenshot of PNSN web page by Cujo359

I think that big red square in the Strait Of Juan de Fuca was the jolt that woke me up this morning. There was another small one near my house last night, but I missed it, because I was out working. It knocked over a pile of stuff in my house, though, so it's quite possible I would have noticed that one, too.

So, that's what's been shaking around here. Hope your Saturday is going better...


1 comment:

One Fly said...

say something that said a 5.7