Friday, April 6, 2012

Baseball Whiffs Online

I was almost tempted to buy Major League Baseball's Game Day service, until I read the fine print. The executive summary of the fine print is that, even though you're paying more than $100 to see baseball games on your computer, you won't be able to see the games your local team is playing. You won't be able to see the ones that conflict with the game of the week, either. Plus, there are some others you won't be able to see.

But that's not the best part of the MLB online experience, though. I went to check the schedule to see what might be available, and here's what the Philadelphia Phillies schedule looks like:


Image credit: Screenshots of MLB website pages by Cujo359

And here is the Seattle Mariners':


Of course, things have gotten worse since the last time I mentioned MLB's online presence. Now, not only can I usually not get to the GameDay page except by trial and error, but I can't read half the schedule.

And these guys think that I'm going to pay $110 or more for a season of this kind of online incompetence, on the off chance that there's a game on that I want to watch, that hasn't been blacked out.

Idiots.


No comments: