Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quote Of The Day

Image credit: Parody by Cujo359 (See NOTE1)

Eliot Spitzer, former governor of New York, on Barack Obama's "fierce advocacy" for reform of Wall Street:
"I'm not persuaded that this President has really been a voice for reform when it comes to Wall Street," he said [in an interview with Reuters]. "Wall Street has pretended that it has taken its hits, but it really hasn't."
...
"When it has come to actually putting in place the reform-based structure that would actually have changed the way the banking system works, he has really been on Wall Street's side since day one," Spitzer said.

Eliot Spitzer: Obama 'Has Been On Wall Street's Side Since Day One'
Spitzer isn't someone from the other side of the tracks. He grew up well off. He was friends with financial loudmouth Jim Cramer at Harvard Law School. Yet he spent his years as New York State Attorney General prosecuting some of the worst malefactors of Wall Street. They made him pay for that eventually, I suspect. Spitzer's words are not empty ones.

I've noted enough times that President Obama's choice of economic advisors, and his choice of Attorney General, leave little reason to be surprised at the fact that no one has yet paid for one of the worst financial crimes in history, and no one, in all likelihood, ever will. But whenever some Democratic partisan starts talking about how the Republicans are for the rich and the Obama Administration isn't, I really have to suppress an urge to gag.

President Obama wants to help the little guy about as much as I want to blog for Red State.

NOTE1: To the best of my knowledge, this is an original parody by Cujo359. It is the official poster for the Campaign To Keep America Sucking Somewhat Less, a not-quite-existent non-SuperPAC project of the North American Division, CONUS Operations Directorate, of the Cujo Labs.

Feel free to copy it and pass it on. Just don't forget to give credit where it's due.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

President Obama wants to help the little guy about as much as I want to blog for Red State.
No shit! Spitzer has been hammering the Big O lately and for that I am very supportive of him.

Of course I adore you already. ;-)

Cujo359 said...

Yes, he has. I'm never sure what his motivations are, either now or in the past, but it's good that he's doing it.

lawguy said...

I meant to leave my suggestion for his slogan, but forgot. At any rate: "Vote Obama maybe better then the other guy in the short run." A friend added: "Also it will piss off the racists."

Cujo359 said...

Damn, that's inspiring. Of course, if I ever want to piss of racists, I don't need to go to the trouble of voting.